Read More IV Vitamin Injection Therapy
Why not just take oral vitamins/supplements?1. Many people don’t absorb vitamins very well through their digestive system. Much of what you take orally never finds its way into your bloodstream, particularly if you have digestive troubles, or are taking medications. IV therapy ensures that nutrients get to where they’re needed.
2. Your digestive system can have a hard time with high doses of vitamins. Taking large doses of vitamin C orally, for example, might upset your stomach—with IV therapy, your body can tolerate much higher (and more helpful) amounts.
3. Your body can access the nutrients better when they’re in your bloodstream, and that means IV’s can often give us better results, faster. For example, an individual receiving 1 g of Vitamin C in intravenous therapy will use up that dosage 10 times more as opposed to just taking 1 g of Vitamin C orally.
In order to treat certain health concerns, we need to absorb high levels of certain vitamins or minerals in our bloodstream to achieve a therapeutic effect. Many times, these levels are impossible to obtain simply by taking oral vitamins.
Dr. Miranda, ND is a qualified practitioner and she will screen you appropriately to make sure the injections are the right choice for you. This way IV therapy is safe and carries a low risk of side effects.
What vitamin treatments are available at the clinic?1.- B-shot
This is an intra-muscular treatment. Depending on each patient, a combination of B12, B6, folic acid and magnesium may be used. The main health concerns that these will help with are: - Low energy - Weight loss - Low metabolism - Vitamin B12 deficiency
2.- Meyer’s Cocktail:
Both, the small Meyer’s and large Meyer’s are intravenous therapy. These cocktails are a combination of vitamins and minerals that were created more than 30 years ago by Dr. John Meyers. They contains a combination of magnesium, calcium, vitamins B5, B6, B12, C, Selenium, Zinc and a B complex. The amount of each nutrient is determined by the health concern that is being treated. It takes approximately 15-40 minutes to deliver the vitamin treatment (depending on the size of the IV). The main health concerns that this cocktail will help with are:
- Low Energy
- Adrenal Fatigue/Stress
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Mood Swings & Irritability
- Insomnia – racing thoughts
- Depression & Anxiety
- Menstrual Cramps
- Headaches & Migraines
- Premenstrual syndrome – PMS
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Muscle aches & pain & tension
- Muscle cramps & spasms
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Detoxification (we add glutathione)
Intravenous treatments of higher levels of vitamin C are used to treat patients with low immune system, inflammation and auto-immune problems. These cocktails will have a minimum of 20 g of Vit C plus other essential vitamin and minerals necessary to boost up or to modulate the immune system. These levels of nutrients are impossible to achieve by just taking oral vitamin C or a multivitamin. The main health concerns that this cocktail can help with are:
- Autoimmune disorders
- Inflammatory conditions (systemic or local)
- Acute & chronic infections
- Frequent colds & flus
- Post surgical wound healing
- Seasonal allergies
- Crohn’s disease & colitis
High Vitamin C Anti-Cancer cocktail:
These treatments allow us to deliver much higher levels of vitamin C in the blood than what is possible to obtain when taken orally. High Vitamin C anti-cancer cocktail has been studied as a therapy for cancer since the 1970s. The vitamin C creates hydrogen peroxide in high concentration which damages the DNA of the cancer levels, shuts down their energy supply and kills them outright. Best of all, it does so without harming any of the healthy cells.
These treatments can help to slow the growth and spread of different cancers. They also help to improve quality of life, symptoms of fatigue, pain, appetite loss, as well as improve physical, mental and emotional function.