Butternut Squash SoupApril 24, 2020
Turkey Stuffed PeppersMay 20, 2020
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ½ tsp ground turmeric or ½ inch fresh turmeric, grated
- ¼ tsp red chili flakes
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 4 cups homemade bone broth
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- salt, black pepper to taste
- In a pot heat the coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Add the garlic and grated ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the celery, carrots, cauliflower florets, turmeric and chili flakes and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the bone broth and water and bring the soup to a low boil.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the cauliflower florets are fork tender.
- Add the kale and cook until the kale is just tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve warm.