Blue light…is it affecting you?January 22, 2020
Worried about the Corona Virus? Read on!January 30, 2020
Healthy recipe for Creamy Vegetable
Soup – made with six different vegetables and easily customized to fit your favorite
- 1 1/2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 onion
- 6 large carrots
- 6 zucchini, diced
- 6 broccoli stalks
- 1/2 c frozen corn – Optional
- 3 – 4 3 1/2 oz can of diced tomatoes (no salt)
- 9 c Vegetable or Chicken broth* low sodium
- 6 c unsweetened almond milk
- 3 c light coconut milk
- 3 tbs garlic powder
- 3 tbs dried basil
- 6 bay leaves
- Juice of 6 lemons
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Dice the onion. Thinly slice the carrots into large rounds. Peel and chop the broccoli stalks into chunks. Preheat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil, onions, carrots, broccoli stalks and a sprinkling of salt and stir. Turn down heat to medium low and sauté, stirring often, for 7 minutes. Meanwhile, dice the zucchini (skin on) into 1/2” inch pieces. Add the zucchini to the pot, add another sprinkle of salt, stir and cook for another minute or so.
- After the veggies have softened slightly, add the corn, diced tomatoes (with juice), broth, almond milk, coconut milk, garlic powder, dried basil, and bay leaves. Cover and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer, uncover and cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Remove the bay leaves. And turn off heat.
- BLEND: Ladle 1/3 – 1/2 (depending on how chunky you want the soup to be) of the entire soup pot’s veggies AND broth into a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour back the blended mixture into the soup pot. Add lemon juice stir until all is well combined. Then salt and pepper to taste.