Magnesium & DiabetesJuly 20, 2022
Pear Paleo MuffinsJuly 21, 2022
1 cup of almond flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup honey
1 cup natural almond butter
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 lemon, zested
1 cup of fresh blueberries
For the crumb topping:
¼ cup almond flour
2 tbsp of unsweetened finely shredded coconut
1 tbsp of honey
1 tbsp coconut oil, softened
1 tbsp almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper cups. Set aside.
- Wash the blueberries and gently pat dry with kitchen towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda and pinch of salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment beat the eggs and honey until pale and fluffy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the almond butter, coconut oil and lemon zest and beat until well combined. Add in the almond flour mixture and beat until smooth. Gently fold in the blueberries. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- To make the crumb topping, combine the almond flour, unsweetened shredded coconut and chopped almond in a bowl. Add in the honey and coconut oil and mix with a fork until large crumbs form. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over batter in each cup.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before serving.
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 20 minutes
Serving – 12