16 Clever Tips When Eating OutDecember 18, 2019
My Trip to St. Lucia IslandJanuary 15, 2020
Origianl recipe from lovingitvegan.com with a few changes to make it lower in calories
A very creamy vegan cauliflower soup. This soup is filling and great for this time of year.
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower (chopped)*
- 2 cups (480ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 ½ cups (400ml) light Coconut Milk
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Add the olive oil, onion, crushed garlic, thyme and rosemary to a pot and sauté until the onions are softened.
- Add the cauliflower and toss up with the spices. Then add in the vegetable stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover the pot and simmer until the cauliflower is softened.
- Blend with an immersion blender or pour into a stand blender carefully in batches. Blend until smooth and creamy. Return to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
The size of the cauliflower isn’t super important, if you use less cauliflower it will just result in a slightly thinner soup. Use 2 small heads if you can’t find a large one.
If you prefer a thinner soup then feel free to add more vegetable stock while cooking.