Thyroid is a gland that has been largely misunderstood. Unfortunately, many women and men have their thyroid gland not functioning optimally and they are experiencing symptoms from it. Here are some tips of what you can start doing with your nutrition in order to improve it. Eat More Eliminate
Foods high in Iodine: sea vegetables such as seaweed, dulse, nori, kelp
Foods high in Selenium: shrimp, snapper, tuna, cod, halibut, calf’s liver, button and shitake mushrooms and Brazil nuts
Foods high in Zinc, Iron and Copper: pumpkin seeds, squash, calf’s liver, spinach, mushrooms, turnip greens and Swiss chard
Omega 3 Fats: flax oil, fish oil
Eat less of:
Aspartame, GLUTEN, and an excess amount of non-fermented or uncooked soy, uncooked broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts. Metabolism Boosting Collard Wraps For 8 Wraps
• 2 cups shredded carrots
• 2 shredded beets
• 6 green onions thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp. Kelp flakes (excellent source of selenium, zinc and iodine to boost metabolism)
• ¼ cup low sodium teriyaki sauce
• 2 tbsp. Miso paste (excellent source of probiotics)
• 8 collard leaves
• Combine in a large bowl thinly sliced green onions, shredded beets, carrots and Kelp flakes with miso paste and teriyaki sauce. Mix well.
• Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and place on a collard leaf and roll up tightly.
• Makes 8 wraps.
This template supports the sidebar's widgets. Add one or use Full Width layout.