HEALTHY SUBSTITUTESMay 22, 2021
Tempeh ChiliJune 25, 2021
- 2 cups (500 mls) cooked wild rice
- 1 cup (250 mls) of cooked lentils
- 1 bulb of fennel, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mls) of dried berries or blueberries
- 2 tbsp of hemp hearts
- Zest of 2 oranges
- ¼ cup (60 mls) orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp (15 mls) grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 mls) cider vinegar
- 2 gbsp (30 mls) camelina oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Toss rice, lentils, fennel, green onion, dried berries and hemp hearts together in a bowl.
Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients in separate bowl and then toss over salad.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Each serving: 193 calories, 7 g of protein, 3 g of fiber.