Weight loss Program
Our First Line Therapy (FLT)
Our First Line Therapy (FLT) program is clinically effective in helping people change unhealthy lifestyle habits. This evidence based approach provides education and guidance to patients in a format that they can understand and follow for life.
- The American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) has published scientific evidence supporting how lifestyle interventions is a type of medicine that should be used as a first-line treatment for many common and chronic health problems – even before the use of conventional medication.
- We live in a society that half of medication users believe their doctors are too eager to write a prescription when other non-pharmacological options are available.
What makes this program different?
- It is designed to improve body composition (which is monitored throughout the program), not just weight or BMI. It helps patients maintain muscle as they lose fat. This is necessary for permanent weight loss.
- The program is supervised by the Naturopathic Doctor and patients are guided by a Holistic Nutritionist who acts as their Lifestyle Educator / coach for best results.
- The Food Plan is different. Based on a modified Mediterranean diet, patients report less hunger, fewer cravings, more energy, and higher compliance than with commonly recommended low-fat diets.
- Medical Foods could be used as accelerators to achieve quicker results.
- It is effective in treating obesity, insulin resistance, high cholesterol, heart disease, high blood pressure, inflammation and type 2 diabetes. This is imperative in order to decrease risks for Cardiovascular disease.
- FLT has been demonstrated to be effective in controlled clinical trials. Most other diets have not.
Are you experiencing?
- Overweight / Obesity
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure
- High blood sugar / Insulin Resistance
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular disease
- Metabolic Syndrome