Written by Susan Colacicco (Nutritionist)
From the day we are born, we are exposed to thousands of toxic substances every day.
Among the worst toxins are heavy metals. Heavy metals include lead, mercury, cadmium and arsenic. Did you know they are unlabeled in food, water, and a variety of products you use every day!
Everything you eat, drink, breathe, and absorb through your skin is filtered through your liver. Every day your body is being polluted by harmful chemicals and what your body doesn’t eliminate ends up getting stored in various organs, including your liver. When your liver is overwhelmed, your whole body pays the price. You feel tired and heavy. You lose your vitality.
Common signs of chronic heavy metal toxicity include:
- Brain fog
- Chronic fatigue
- Digestive issues
- Immune issues
- Achy joints
- Skin rashes
Since you can not detect heavy metals, they can get into your body in a variety of sneaky ways!
Here are 10 sources to watch out for in everyday life:
- Drinking Water – The problem is your water could be silently destroying your health, one sip at a time. Between industrial dumping in waterways, pesticide runoff, prescription drug residues, and heavy metals, water is more contaminated than ever.
- Beauty Products – From lead in lipstick and mercury in mascara, cosmetics may contain unlabeled heavy metals and other toxins.
- Pesticides and Herbicides – Along with toxic glyphosate and PFAS, these agricultural chemicals contain heavy metals such as cadmium.
- Dental Fillings – Amalgam fillings are up to 50% mercury, which is slowly released in the body.
- Some Medications – Some prescription drugs contain heavy metals as binding agents and over the counter antacids have aluminum.
- Furniture – Sofas, mattresses and care seats can have antimony and cadmium from flame retardant coatings and finishes.
- House Keys – To make keys easier to shape, the brass in keys is up to 2.5% lead by weight.
- Baby Food – Some of baby’s first foods may be laced with lead and arsenic. A study found heavy metals in 95% of samples tested.
- E-Cigarettes – While people assume that e-cigarettes are sager than smoking, tests reveal many toxins, including cadmium.
- Vehicle Exhaust – Vehicles add to toxic air pollution, with heavy metals such as lead and nickel in car exhaust.
Even if you eat clean and follow a healthy lifestyle, you simply cannot avoid all the places that heavy metals are found.
How can you find out if your health problem are related to heavy metals?
With a Live Blood Cell Analysis you can see if you have a body burden of heavy metals. And then we can help you create a plan with natural treatments to get rid of them. Call us for an appointment today – 905-239-3900. We are happy to help.