The 10 Characteristics of Cancer SurvivorsMay 1, 2018
Diagnosed With Cancer? Improve Your Chances With MistletoeMay 1, 2018
The following nutritional guidelines are general recommendations for patients with active cancer.
The closer adherence to this protocol, the stronger the immune system will become.
The human body saddled with chronic or acute disease (such as cancer) should limit caloric intake to approximately 1400 – 1500 calories per day. Proteins should total around 50 grams per day, carbohydrates around 125-200 grams per day and fats around 30-45 grams per day.
- Eat Organic – free of pesticides and herbicides
- Be Primarily Vegan if possible – this will give you more antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
- 50% Raw Food – this will help increase enzymes to assist with digestion.
- Brassicas Daily– this includes cabbage, kale, broccoli, and cauliflower.
- Use Sprouts And Cereal Grasses Daily
- Benefits Of Broccoli Sprouts – they have a compound called sulforaphane which protects us from environmental chemicals.
- Garlic, Onion, Leeks – helps prevent recurrences of many cancers
- Sea Vegetables Daily – this includes arame, nori, hijiki, and kelp
- Dandelion – decreases estrogen levels in the body and reduces lymphatic congestion.
- Fresh Vegetable Juices
- Lycopene – Tomatoes, Guava, Watermelon, Grapefruit, Rosehip
- Citrus Juices And Peel – Flavonoids And Limonene
- Pytoestrogens – Soy, Flaxseeds, Mung Bean Sprouts, Red Clover Sprouts, Pumpkin Seeds
- Sulphur Bearing Protein
- Low Sodium/High Potassium – potassium keeps your body alkaline and not acidic
- Shitake and Maitake Mushrooms – traditionally used to treat cancer and to stimulate the immune system.
- Turmeric – has excellent anti-tumour and anti-inflmmatory properties
- Sage, Thyme, Ginger
- Rotate Foods
- Eat Foods With A Low Glycemic Index
Completely Eliminate Health Depleting Foods
from Your Daily Diet
This is a list of foods that trigger cancer cells to keep growing:
- Red Meat – because it is high in saturated fat and it has high presence of pesticides, antibiotics and hormones.
- Dairy – it is difficult to digest, creates mucous in the body and in general stresses patient’s immune system.
- Sweets – cancer cells derive their energy from sugar. You eat a sweet and you are feeding your cancer cells.
- White Flour Products
- Processed And Canned Food
- Alcohol – even an intake of 4 per week will increase your risk of cancer.
- Salt – sodium will deplete your potassium which is what you need to keep alkaline.
- Coffee – one of the most toxic drinks we can have. It is high in chemicals that cause a burden in the liver so that it is less able to detoxify.
If you would like more information on how Naturopathic Medicine can help, please Call us for a free Meet & Greet with Dr. Miranda. We are happy to help! 905-239-3900