Roasted Broccoli and Mushrooms with Onion WedgesFebruary 28, 2020
Sugar…Food or Drug?March 11, 2020
- For roasted carrots
- 1 pound carrots (assorted colors or just orange ones) peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Rest of ingredients
- 2 small avocados, pitted and sliced or cut into chunks
- 3 cups arugula or salad greens mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lime, juiced
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into ½ inch pieces.
- In a bowl mix the ground cumin, red pepper flakes, garlic, ½ teaspoon of salt and 1 ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Add the carrots and toss to combine.
- Spread the carrots into a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 25 minutes or until fork tender. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, place the avocado, arugula or salad greens and warm carrots.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lime juice and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Divide the salad between serving plates and serve.